Thursday, December 20, 2012

Strut Spotlight!: Elly of Elly’s Couture Boutique!

CMR: Define Self Confidence

E of EC: Self confidence comes from within. I'm a true believer if you don't believe in yourself on the inside, it won't reflect on the outside. You can tell a lot about a person on how they present themselves just by what they're wearing and their attitude.

CMR: Where did your love of fashion come from?

E of EC: When I was little, I used to steal all my mom's fashion magazines, and look at all the gorgeous models and clothing and want to be just like them. When I was in middle school, I begged my mom to buy me a pair of baby pink silk overalls. Even though no one understood my style, I was always trying different things. To become a trend setter, you have to take chances, good and bad, instead of always going with, "What everyone else is doing and wearing." Luckily, it paid off.

CMR: Describe the vibe of Elly's Couture

E of EC: Elly's Couture has a high fashion feeling with great prices. I want girls to walk into the store and have that "Pretty Woman" moment of great customer service. I want to dress them from head-to-toe for whatever event they may have and have them feeling fabulous and confident when the walk out of the store.
CMR: What made you want to become an entrepreneur?

E of EC: My husband Clay Bethune! I had no idea I ever wanted to do this until he encouraged me to take a chance. I can't take any credit for this, it was all him. After six years, I have never been happier, so luckily it paid off!

CMR: How do you cheer yourself up when you're feeling down?

E of EC: Music! I love upbeat music. You will never walk into Elly's Couture and feel down. We always have happy-go-lucky/going out music playing in the store. It always puts me in a good mood!

CMR: Who is your style inspiration?

E of EC: Betsey Johnson! I just love her! She is a women that has taken many fashion chances, and it has paid off. I had the pleasure of meeting her Valentine's Day 2012 and it was amazing. I was just in awe of her! What an inspiration she is!

CMR: If you had to give advice to anyone wanting to open a boutique what would it be?

E of EC: Hard work, hard work, hard work! Without 110%+ hard work, you will never make it. You put into a business what you take out of it. It's so cliche, but it's so true!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment