Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Meet Elly's Couture Newest Local Designer!



Hi there!  My name is Lauren Rundquist, a 20-year-old student and artist from Saint Louis.  I delight in creating jewelry, painting, playing in the sunshine, and sipping on tea.
 
I, like most of us, am a girl who knows what she wants.  So when I had trouble finding simple, pretty pieces of jewelry that caught my eye I thought what better solution than to make them myself!
 
I began creating handmade earrings, bracelets, and necklaces for myself that I would wear day to day or on special occasions.  Soon my friends and family began requesting pieces, and with some encouraging advice I decided to turn my hobby into a business.
 
I use glass beads, wire, chain, and patterned fabrics to make my jewelry.  Each piece is something I wear myself, so of course it is lightweight and comfortable while still sturdy and wearable.
 
I hope you enjoy my pieces as much as I delight in making them!
 
Best Wishes,
Lauren Rundquist

No comments:

Post a Comment